12 Struggles You'll Understand If You've Ever Dated Someone Over The Holidays!
If you don't embarrass yourself, your family will do it for you...
1. Bringing them home to meet your family for the first time.
Time to get out the old yearbooks and home movies. Yay...
2. Not reacting well when they suggest that you don't buy each other presents.
Haha, but seriously. That's a horrible idea.
3. Accidentally walking into the room where they're wrapping your presents and getting in trouble.
You're going to see it in a few days anyway! What's the big deal?
4. Seeing how your other half really feels about kids.
This is a good test for planning your future together, but you might not like the results.
5. Bumping into old flames and trying to prevent things from getting awkward.
But there's really only so much you can do. Everyone wants a piece but, sadly, you're just one person!
6. Checking your reflection in the mirror after removing all of your winter layers.
It's very hard to look good with hat hair.
7. Trying to hide your partner's present from them until the big day.
Stay low and don't make eye contact.
8. Spending ages finding the perfect Christmas present then trying to act like it was no big deal when you give it to them.
But then it sounds like you don't even care if they like it or not!
9. Having to use your present straight away to prove how much you love it.
"It's perfect! Who wouldn't want a large, heavy old book?"
10. Fighting with your siblings in front of your partner.
It's basically like going back in time. You still pull each other's hair and tattle to mom and dad.
11. Singing along whenever you hear a Christmas song no matter where you are.
Your other half had to find out you were tone-deaf sooner or later!
12. Hearing your family tell your SO all of your embarrassing stories.
This was NOT part of the deal.
Have you ever been in a relationship over the holidays?
Tell us your awkward moments in the comments!
Watch this at 9PM/8C on Monday, December 5 and at 5PM/4C on Tuesday, December 6 and at 11PM/10C on Saturday, December 24 and at 9PM/8C on Sunday, December 25Watch Now