12 Holiday Traditions That Make Christmas Great Every Year!
Stockings and Christmas trees are here to stay.
1. If you're lucky enough to live somewhere it snows then snowball fights are great family fun.
But careful though; it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!
2. If you have ever decorated your house for Christmas then you'll know the pure joy you feel in being better than your neighbors.
They may do great Halloween costumes but they've got nothin' on your all-singing, all-dancing, light-up reindeer squad!
3. Building a snowman is a classic Christmas pastime. If you live in a warmer climate then get creative and maybe make a sandman!
Essential: carrot, sticks, hat, scarf, and stones that you pretend are coal for his buttons.
4. Leaving out milk and cookies is a must on Christmas Eve but can also incite arguments...
What kind of cookies does Santa like? Does he have any dietary requirements?
5. You may or may not like candy canes but if you refuse them you are pretty much the anti-Santa!
They are always the best when you find still them hanging on the tree after Christmas has been and gone.
6. Reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas will instantly transform you back into a child, and Christmas will feel even more magical as soon as you hear those famous words.
As an adult, is it still okay to get someone to read it to you?
7. Stockings are possibly the most exciting thing about Christmas!
Sure, the biggest and most expensive gifts are never found in a stocking but what joy it is to reach into the giant sock not knowing what you will find! Inevitably, you'll discover chocolate money or popping candy - or both!
8. Dressing in red and green, and ridiculous hats!
It's like you're supporting your favorite sports team, except everyone is on the same side!
9. The mistletoe, so rarely seen these days. People feel a binding obligation to follow tradition when found under one.
Some people even get creative and make themselves mobile mistletoe!
10. This is the one time of the year when even the least creative of people will get out their scissors, craft paper and glue to make little masterpieces!
And we all feel much happier when our homes look like little festive caves!
11. It's just not Christmas without the Christmas tree.
And if you own a cat, it's just not Christmas until your cat has destroyed at least 2 of the decorations on that tree.
12. The best tradition of them all...
When all the family comes from far and wide to join in over eating and terrible jokes. You always know what to expect and it never disappoints.
Which Christmas traditions are your favorite?
Tell us in the comments.